What does it take to work in an interdisciplinary research team?
We started our project in May 2019 with a kick-off workshop organized by the FWF. Organizing an interdisciplinary research team across different universities holds some challenges which need to be address in advance.
We spent a great amount of time to build a project management and communication structure that allows the efficient organization of our project and research.
- Monthly face-to-face team meetings
- Basecamp: Online project-management and communication software
- Shared cloud storage for files and documents
- Shared literature management software
Interdisciplinary research work:
- Collaborative development of research questions and objectives
- Joint discussion of literature and concepts; developing a shared language and knowledge
- inter-disciplinary lead of work-packages
- peer-to-peer-training in research methodology
Click on the link below to download our presentation from the FWF kick-off workshop summarizing our basic project management set-up.